We are committed to improving the quality of learning and teaching across the school. Therefore, we provide a range of professional learning opportunities for all staff, which will support us in the implementation of the new curriculum.
Last year, we received a grant from Welsh Government in order to support this. The grant was allocated to the following professional learning for staff:
• Development of all staff through the use of the new Professional Teaching and Learning Standards (PTLS) and the Excellence in Teaching and Leadership Framework (ETLF)
• EAS ETLF Programme for Teachers
• EAS Excellent Teacher Programme
• The appointment of a Professional Learning Lead
• National Teaching Assistant development programme
• Work with our cluster Primary and Secondary school and cross cluster schools on provision for More Able learners
• Attendance to regional Schools as Learning Organisations (SLO) workshops
• Engagement in Curriculum Reform events
• Staff development in Adverse Childhood experiences (ACE)
• Attendance to regional PDG, Wellbeing and ALN workshops
Please follow the link below to see the full version of the Professional Learning Plan for Maendy Primary School.